Friday, August 7, 2009

The skater #15 blues/ Derby shirts obsession

As my derby wife Aim DeKill would say, I've got the skater #15 blues. I didn't quite make the roster of skaters 1-14, but I'm the first runner up! I can't really complain, I've actually skated in every game my league has had this year, A team and B team alike. And in 2 back to back double headers. Plus, my girls Aim DeKill and The Beast get to play so that's rad.

But still. It sucks. At least I have a bout job where I can take attendance and check people in, my favorite thing ever!

What's funny is that I was trying to figure out what to wear to the bout, and I realized every single shirt I wear nowadays is derby related. Today is the Bad Reputations, from Terminal City (Vancouver), my friend Toi Box's team. At Burning Man I'll be trading SVRG shirts for London Rockin' Rollers and Emerald City shirts.

I just dug through my sewing pile and found 3 more derby shirts I forgot I had. Shirts used to be the one souvenir I would get to remember a bout I went to, but I haven't had the money recently. I've also been so focused on skating that I forget to look at the merch.

I also collect those floaty pens, with the liquid inside and usually a boat or something that floats by when you tip it. Now all I need is a Derby floaty pen to connect my two collecting obsessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment