Thursday, July 26, 2012

2012 Black Rock City Roller Girls- BOOOOOOO!!!!






Flat track roller derby.  At Burning Man.  This will be the 7th year we have the scrimmage at the Black Rock Roller Disco.

This year it's on Thursday evening at 6 pm.  That's an hour earlier than we have done it in the past, because it gets dark too fast and we can't see where we're skating.

Also, this is the first year I haven't gone to the playa in 7 years. BOOOOOOO!!!  Husband's supervisor won't give him time off from work, DOUBLE BOOOOOOO!!!!  You guys suck cause I have to stay home while you're having fun on the playa. If I could hold up a sign here I would.  
Oh wait- I can!

Thanks to my teammate Dirty Little Trick, booing in true Bay Area style

Enough whining.  I'm still gonna finish organizing the thing, here is the link for skaters to donate for shirts and stickers.  If everyone can put in $10-$15-$20 or so, everything should be covered. Here's the link again, in case you missed it.  Now everyone donate so we can get this together in a month! And don't forget to heckle the refs for me.





 

p.s. if you play roller derby, read this if you have a minute.  My favorite piece from HellaRad of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment